Tuesday 8 October 2013

First Impressions

1.First Days Impressions :  

What did I notice on the first days? 

On the first days I couldn't really notice much. In fact I haven't noticed much about language up until now because I have worked mostly from home and in french! As I said in my previous post, I will start the real internship events next week and I will be able to develop more on the subject. I did observe by the tweets of the english account that they like to keep a simple, but rich language for the parents and population to be able to understand. They are also very enthusiastic every time they go to an event and it's fun to see, I really expect the events I will go to, to be fun and knowledgeable. 


What new vocabulary did I learn?

I noticed that the people who work with me are very cultured. They know a lot about life, but mostly about education in Montreal or in general and sports. As for the vocabulary that I have learned, I remember when I met with my hosts for the first and only time up until now, that they use a rich and professional vocabulary, but it is not too complicated to understand. I remember using the expression 'a piece of cake' when they asked about how I was doing with Twitter, because it has become really easy to me. I did not learn any new words for now, but I do expect to learn some new starting next week.

How about the Twitter?

Well since the french twitter is the only thing I have taken care of for now, I will talk about it. I did well with the Twitter account, they already have a couple more followers than they used to. Of course it is hard to gain followers in a big amount over one week, but I keep doing my best. I enjoy it a lot! I have been quite busy with school the last few days and haven't been posting as much on it, but I need to try and post more so they can know that I am motivated.

I am enjoying the internship and don't have any misunderstandings for the moment!

Ariane

 

No comments:

Post a Comment